Antique Classic Boat Show Docks in Gravenhurst
Gravenhurst is once again getting ready for the arrival of a fleet of some of North America’s top antique and classic wooden boats.
Being held at Muskoka Wharf on Lake Muskoka on Saturday July 6th from 9am – 4pm, the 39th Annual Vintage Boat Show hosted by the Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) Toronto chapter is this year focussing on the theme of Aged to Perfection: A celebration of 100-year-old boats, with boats built in 1919 or before being recognized and honoured.
Among the more than 120 vintage vessels on display in the water and on land as part of Canada’s largest in-water classic boat show will be examples from all the classic boat builders encompassing numerous makes, models, sizes, hull types, and power sources. Also on display will be examples of classic glass and fibreglass boats built from the 1950s trough to the 1980s.
Antique Classic Boat Show Celebrates Owners
The event aims to celebrate and show appreciationfor these classic vintage vessels and the men and women dedicated to keep them on the water.
In addition to the chance to see these classic vessels up close – as well as being put through their passes in and around Muskoka Bay – visitors can enjoy the following activities:
- An invitation-only Classic Car Show at The Steamship Wharf
- A Boats-4-Sale area, along with a Nautical Flea Market and Vendors Alley
- A show and sale of vintage outboard motors from the Maple Leaf Antique Outboard Club
- Sea Flea race boats by members of the Kids and Classics club
- Fun for kids including paddle carving, model boat model building, and radio-controlled boats
- A vintage boat ‘Ride Along Program’ for members and potential members
- A special ‘Boats in Motion’ presentation featuring rare vintage boats cruising along the waterfront
- A fun fashion show at 2pm in the Lions Pavilion showcasing clothing from Muskoka Bay Clothing and the Muskoka Discovery Centre
Admission to this not-to-miss event is free. Access is from 9am to 4pm, with a free shuttle bus from parking areas across Gravenhurst.
to learn more, visit the ACBS website at www.acbs.ca